A/C System Recharge in Springfield, OR
Does your vehicle’s air conditioning (A/C) system blow cold air? If not, your A/C system is probably low on A/C refrigerant, requiring a recharge.
Does Your Air Conditioning Need A Recharge?
Visit Our Full-Service Oil Change at 4020 Main St in Springfield
How To Tell If Your Vehicle Needs an A/C Recharge
If your vehicle needs an A/C recharge*, you’ll know it. Instead of enjoying icy cold air, the A/C system blows either mildly cool or no cold air at all.
*Recharging your vehicle’s A/C system is a temporary fix to a potentially bigger problem. When an A/C system is missing refrigerant, the system probably has a leak and should be inspected and repaired by a certified mechanic.
Note: Some older vehicles cannot have their A/C system recharged. These vehicles were generally manufactured before 1995 and use R12 refrigerant which is no longer available. Your only option may be to replace your vehicle’s A/C system.
Dangers of a DIY A/C Recharge
Some people try to save money by recharging their vehicle’s A/C system on their own. Do-it-yourself kits are available. However, there are several drawbacks with the DIY approach:
- It’s impossible to determine how much A/C refrigerant remains in your system without using the proper equipment so you won’t know how much additional refrigerant to add to the A/C system.
- Using an incorrect A/C refrigerant may cause a dangerous chemical reaction.
- An A/C recharge is considered a professional repair as the A/C refrigerant contains hazardous liquid. Improper A/C recharging could lead to serious injury or death.
A/C Recharge Service at Springfield Express Lube
Stop by Springfield Express Lube if your vehicle’s air conditioner isn’t running as cold as it should. We take a professional, environmentally friendly and safe approach to performing A/C recharges. During an A/C Recharge, our qualified technicians:
- Inspect your vehicle’s A/C system for leaks.
- Extract existing A/C refrigerant along with any moisture in your vehicle’s A/C system and run it through a recycling system to remove impurities.
- Inject clean refrigerant back into the A/C system, adding additional A/C refrigerant as needed.
- Conduct a performance test of the A/C system as well as an electronic leak test.
A/C Recharge Service Guarantee- Most vehicle A/C recharge businesses charge a “hook up” fee ($60-$100 or more!) for an A/C Recharge Service. Basically, this is another way to take money from the customer. We do not believe this fee is fair so we do not charge a hook up fee! Also, if the A/C system is not cold immediately after the A/C
Honest Service. Guaranteed.
- Up to 5 quarts of Havoline conventional bulk oil
- New oil filter
- Lubricate chassis
- Wash windshield
- Visual inspection under hood
- Visual inspection under chassis
We also check and fill:
- Power steering fluid
- Differential (Front and Rear)
- Transfer case
- Radiator coolant recovery fluid
- Windshield washer fluid
- Tire pressure
Lastly, we check & inspect:
- Brake fluid
- Air filter
- Crankcase breather (PCV filter)
- PCV valve
- Windshield wipers
Customers Love Our Quality Services
” The guys at xpress lube are always helpful, honest and professional. I will always come back here! THANK YOU!!”Jodi Busick
“This place gives me a consistently agreeable experience. Quick but comprehensive, they offer full explanations for any additional services but with no pressure. Everything is done with a smile. You won’t be disappointed.”Mike Curtis