A/C System Recharge in Scappoose, OR
Does your vehicle’s air conditioning (A/C) system blow cold air? If not, your air conditioning system is likely low on A/C refrigerant and requires a recharge to work properly again.
Does Your Air Conditioning Need A Recharge?
Visit Our Full-Service Oil Change at 51425 SW Joe’s Drive in Scappoose
How To Tell If Your Vehicle Needs an A/C Recharge
If your vehicle needs an A/C recharge*, you’ll know it. Instead of enjoying icy cold air, the A/C system blows either mildly cool or no cold air at all.
*Recharging your vehicle’s A/C system is a temporary fix to a potentially bigger problem. When an A/C system is missing refrigerant, it’s likely the system has a leak and should be inspected and repaired by a certified mechanic.
Note: Some older vehicles cannot have their A/C system recharged. These vehicles were generally manufactured before 1995 and use R12 refrigerant, which is no longer available. If this is the case, your only option is likely to replace your vehicle’s A/C system.
Dangers of a DIY A/C Recharge
Some try to save money by recharging their vehicle’s air conditioning system on their own with available do-it-yourself kits. However, there are several drawbacks with the DIY approach:
- It’s impossible to determine how much A/C refrigerant remains in your system without using the proper equipment so you won’t know how much additional refrigerant to add to the A/C system.
- Using an incorrect A/C refrigerant may cause a dangerous chemical reaction.
- An A/C recharge is considered a professional repair as the A/C refrigerant contains hazardous liquid. Improper A/C recharging could lead to serious injury or death.
A/C Recharge Service at Scappoose Express Lube & Car Wash
If your vehicle’s air conditioner isn’t running as cold as it should, stop by Scappoose Express Lube & Car Wash. We take a professional, safe, and environmentally friendly approach to completing A/C recharges. During an A/C recharge, our qualified technicians:
- Inspect your vehicle’s A/C system for leaks.
- Extract existing A/C refrigerant along with any moisture in your vehicle’s A/C system and run it through a recycling system to remove impurities.
- Inject clean refrigerant back into the A/C system, adding additional A/C refrigerant as needed.
- Conduct a performance test of the A/C system as well as an electronic leak test.
Honest Service. Guaranteed.
Scappoose Express Lube & Car Wash
Monday – Saturday: 8:30am – 6:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
51425 SW Joes Drive, Scappoose, OR 97056
Phone: (503) 543-7701
5 Star Oil Change with Free Car Wash
Cooling System Flush
Automatic Transmission Flush
Gearbox Fluid Service
Air & Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Oil & Fuel System Cleaning
Light Bulb Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement & Rain Repellent
Fuel Filter Replacement
Power Steering Flush
Customers Love Our Quality Services
"I started coming here not that long ago. So far I am very impressed. The employees work hard and really care about my cars needs. I would highly recommend this place to anyone."Susan Andruss
"Very friendly and professional place to get your oil changed. I have been here many times and always had great service. I love their car wash."Angie Odell